With the struggling economy, faltering stocks market and an unpredictable economic climate, one thing is very sure: stocks are out and jewelries are in. The prices of gold, silver, diamonds and other jewelries are currently at unforeseen highs. If you live in or around New York, this is the best time to sell jewelry in NYC.
It is no wonder that many people are looking to sell their gold, diamonds and other jewelry because they know that they can make way more from it than just having it sit there in their jewelry boxes. So, if you want to sell those gold trinkets your grandma handed over to you or any jewelry you may have had for a tidy profit, Diamond District Buyers is the perfect jewelry buyer in New York City.
Before setting out to sell your precious metals and jewelry though, you need to do your own due diligence. As with all important things, caution and careful assessment is necessary. The jewelry trading industry is filled with highly reputable business men who believe in fair dealings and win-win situations.
But it is also fraught with potential fraudsters and scammers. While many of the fraudsters won’t just take your gold and valuables for nothing, there are those who would do anything to undercut and underpay you.
At DD Buyers, we’re strictly upstanding jewelry buyers who believe that our clients should get the best prices for their valuables. We’re committed to fair customer treatment, building good relationships with our customers and are a highly reputable organization. You really won’t find a better jewelry buyer in New York City to do business with if you intend to sell your jewelry in New York.
That said, here are the things you need to lookout for when consulting with jewelry buying firms here in the big apple. Some of the things we’ll tell you may not be fancy. They may not even be what you want to hear, but we feel that as an upstanding company, it’s better to put it all out there so that you can make the right jewelry selling decisions.
• Your gold, silver, diamonds and other precious metals are only as valuable as the amount a jewelry buyer in New York will pay for it.
• There are many factors responsible for the price of the jewelry. Jewelers tend to consider the provenance, the history, current market value, demand and fashion trends.
• The appraised value may be much higher than the true market or “street” value. So, we generally recommend containing your excitement until you’re made an offer by the buyer.
• Gold currently costs twice its value a decade ago. So, if you want to sell, start with your gold.
• Do not list your jewelry on classified sites. You’ll probably get a lot of ridiculous offers. Instead, walk into a certified jeweler’s store like Diamond District Buyers and have your jewelry appraised. You don’t even have to come with the real thing. Very clear pictures will do.
So, if you have some jewelry to sell in New York, walk into our store and talk to us. We’re more than willing to help you with all the information and assessment that you need.